We Honey Pies have just returned from our first interstate tour, and now, the category for tonight: "Top Ten Highlights From The Honey Pies June Tour".
10. Finding out that in Melbourne "Gig starts at 9pm" actually means the gig starts at 9pm.
9. Learning that to the cunning opportunist, a third-floor window is as good as a toilet.
8. Our hostel bathroom's shit-smeared walls (the shit smeared onto the bathroom flush was particularly artful).
7. Visiting Raper St and returning unscathed.
6. Asking the taxi driver to put on some better music, and wishing we hadn't ("My humps, my humps, my humps, my humps").
5. "THIS IS NOTTA ADELAIDA".
4. Singing "Waltzing Matilda" and handing out prophylactics to the local riffraff.
3. Shooting down helicopters and beating up prostitutes with Clemi and the gang.
2. "Stealing" some Buddy Holly look-alike's taxi and heckling him as he chased us down the street trying to open the door.
And the number one "Highlight From The Honey Pies June Tour" is...
1. Being booed out of town at your own homecoming show.
All jokes aside, its brilliant to be back home! Thanks to everyone in Sydney and Melbourne who came out to our shows, and to all the bands and venues for having us play. We'll be back that way in August and we'd love to see you again.
-The Honey Pies (Jon, Tony, Tom, Marcus)